Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Trish was a beauty product junkie, always in search of the perfect hand cream or the perfect lip balm and just couldn't seem to find it. Thinking it would be fun to create the ultimate girly feminine line that worked and smelled as good as it looked, she took the name that her Italian husand called her, Principessa, and designed a line of beauty products for the urban princess. It wasn't long before her line of yummy beauty products with names like Dolce Dreams whipped body lotion and Bacio Me lip balm took off.
I've been fortunate enough to sample almost all of Trish's luxurious goods. Because I receive a staggering number of beauty products to review every month and Trish's products are two that I use every day, she's stayed on my radar. I actually keep a tube of her Cattiva Diva hand cream in the car and love her Bella Candela Soy candle, which fills my bedroom with a scent that's lovely without being overpowering. I can honestly say that both of these products make me feel like a pampered princess and as amazing as it might sound, Trish herself is as sweet and adorable in real life as her pink products might indicate.
Trish is now introducing Bianco Breeze, a multi use powder for hair and body that just won the "Best in Show" award in New York last month at Extracts. Interestingly, it's the kind of product that used to be popular years ago for in-between washings as it absorbs excess oil, gives volume, and makes your hair smell wonderful with beneficial extracts such as chamomile, calendula and aloe. You can find Trish's products in the Victoria Secret catalogue or online at www.principessabeauty.com.
Here are some THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT TRISH LUCARINO:
A) THE FOUR MOST STYLISH PEOPLE THAT INFLUENCED ME
1. Martha Stewart She taught me to pay attention to details and how to create an amazing home environment. Plus, I throw the best parties!
2. Elle Woods, Reese Witherspoon's character in Legally Blonde. When I launched Principessa our order forms were actually pink and scented.
3. Can I say Hello Kitty? She's just too cute!
4. Marcia Kilgore who started Bliss. She really inspired me to go after my slightly crazy dream of starting my own beauty products company
B) FOUR WAYS THAT STYLE MAKES THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE
1. It allows you to be creative and express yourself.
2. It allows for individuality.
3. You can create an environment or outfit that just makes you feel so good.
4. Through style we built and designed our home to be like a sanctuary and it's our favorite place in the world!
C) FOUR OF MY FAVORITE DESIGNERS
1. Juicy. I am so into comfort and I was so grateful when they came up with designer sweats!
2. Chanel. I just bought a pink and black quilted purse in New York. I know it's not in style right now but I adore it.
3. Betsy Johnson. She is so different and her stuff is so feminine and fun.
4. Fidelity. These jeans just make your butt look so good.
D) FOUR JOBS I HAVE HAD IN MY LIFE:
1. Au pair in Paris
4. Entrepreneur/Beauty Guru
E) FOUR MOVIES I WOULD WATCH OVER AND OVER (AND DO):
1. Legally Blonde. It's all about the pink!
2. The Notebook. I cried so hard in the theatre I couldn't breathe...
3. La Vita e Bella (Life is Beautiful) This movie is so incredible and one of the reasons that people are so familiar with the Italian word Principessa--which means princess in Italian--as Roberto Benigni calls his wife Principessa throughout the movie. My husband is Italian and calls me Principessa too and I thought it would be the greatest name for a line of beauty products designed to pamper the urban princess.
4. Our wedding video!
F) FOUR PLACES WHERE I HAVE LIVED:
G) FOUR TV SHOWS I LOVE TO WATCH:
1. Sex and the City
3. Ghost Whisperer (I love these shows about the afterlife; it fascinates me)
4. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I got addicted to Big Brother this season. I don't know what it is about these reality shows that can be so compelling?
H) FOUR PLACES I HAVE BEEN ON VACATION IN THE LAST FOUR YEARS:
1. Hong Kong & China. So amazing!
2. Bora Bora. where we stayed in an over the water bungalow that had glass floors where you could see the aquamarine water and fish below and went scuba diving with sharks.
3. Italy. We ate and drank our way through Italy doing research for Principessa and visiting all my hubby's relatives. A gondola ride in Venice was one of the highlights of the trip and just so romantic as you quietly glide down all these gorgeous waterways with no cars anywhere.
4. Phuket. Well not yet but we are going for this Christmas and New Years and I can't wait!
I) FOUR WEBSITES I VISIT DAILY (Or at least Weekly):
2. google (what did we do before google???)
3. www.epicurious.com the website of Gourmet and Bon Appetit magazines where you can search for any recipe and get the most amazing ones as all their recipes are stored here. Plus they are rated by people and they give great feedback and tips. It's a great resource if you love cooking and food which is such a huge part of our life.
4. www.tripadvisor.com I do research for all our trips here and its invaluable. There are unbiased reviews from people who have visited these places and we don't go anywhere now without consulting this website first.
J) FOUR OF MY FAVORITE FOODS:
1. Anything Indian.
2. Italian of course. My two signature dishes are gnocchi and Osso Buco which my husband, friends and nieces beg me to make all the time...
3. Chinese especially spicy Szechuan and dim sum where we go every Sunday and are heading right now.
4. Is wine a food?
K) FOUR PLACES I WOULD RATHER BE RIGHT NOW:
1. At the spa
2. Running in the rain with my ipod or blissed out a Yoga class which I don't seem to be getting to as often lately but I am resolving to make the time to go at least several times a week as it's just so important and having your own business it's just so easy to get caught up in the working seven days a week thing...
3. Having a glass of wine our rooftop deck watching the sunset with my husband and our dog
4. No where else except for our brand new chic pink offices!