Ez then and now. Her favorite quote is by Omar Khayyam:
"Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."
Ez, aka Heather Pudewa, is one of those rare people who is as stunningly beautiful inside as out. She has a great eye so it was no surprise when she told me she was a FIDM grad "inspired by some of the strangest and most random things." She confesses to loving dancing in the rain, singing in her car, art of all kinds, birds, and people who live with passion.
I always find myself gravitating back to her blog, Creature Comforts, to check out her cool design-y/fashion montages,which are on par, if not better than the best pages of Elle. When she starts up as a fashion designer again, I'll be watching.
Although her hands are full raising her beautiful 7 year old daughter, this fall Ez is launching WrenEleven.com , an online boutique sure to be full of amazing finds. As an artist herself Ez understands how difficult it can be to get work seen, so she hopes to provide a place for talented people to gain exposure.
I loved finding out some THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT HEATHER PUDEWA & think you will too!
A) THE FOUR MOST STYLISH PEOPLE THAT INFLUENCED ME
1. My grandmother. She has always kept a beautiful home, and has managed to do so with such an effortless grace that I find myself continually awed by.
2. My daughter. There is something so refreshing about seeing the world through my child's eyes. When dressing for the 15th time during the day, she'll concoct some fascinating combination or other (that only a 7 year old can pull-off). However it's her fabulous attitude and self-confidence that stun me. She's my personal style icon.
3. Kate Moss. The moment that I first saw Kate in a Calvin Klein ad I knew that I had to become involved in the fashion and design world. Kate still does it for me.
4. Everyday people who live with passion. Occasionally you come across an individual who's personal style is just so right, and yet you can't quite put your finger on the reason why. It seems to be a confidence that is radiating from within that makes these strangers so incredibly inspirational.
B) FOUR WAYS THAT STYLE MAKES THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE
1. Style presents a great outlet for creativity.
2. Style allows for our essential freedom of expression.
3. Style gives us the opportunity to present ourselves, our homes, and lives in a way which motivates us toward a higher standard.
4. Style can inspire and incite a desire in us to create a better future.
C) FOUR OF MY FAVORITE DESIGNERS
1. John Galliano: I had the opportunity of meeting Mr. Galliano while attending school for fashion design, and it was an incredible experience. John Galliano represents to me, what we are capable of achieving if we allow ourselves to think outside the box and follow our hearts.
2. Marc Jacobs: His ability to remain ahead of the trends, while consistently delivery fashion that hoards of people world-wide want to wear makes him incredibly appealing to me. His pieces are fashion-forward yet timeless. Not something that is easy to achieve.
3. Zac Posen: His pieces are fresh, incredibly sexy (in a classic way), and flattering to the shape of a woman's body. Plus it doesn't hurt that he's adorable.
4. Alexander McQueen: I don't find everything that Mr. McQueen designs to be appealing, but I feel that his vision is incredibly inspirational, provocative, and intriguing. He follows his passion and that's what makes him one of my favorites.
D. Four Jobs I've Had:
1. Courtesy Clerk (my first job ever... the only perks were how insanely fit I got carrying out 40lb bags of dog food etc. for huge burly men, who apparently seemed to think I was better suited for the task than them.
2. Nanny for two 2 year-olds... Enough said.
3. Cake Decorator (fun... but the smell of commercial-grade frosting makes me completely ill now. Fortunately I still like good ol' homemade frosting... yum!)
4. Women's "Team Leader" at Urban Outfitters (I'm going to refrain from saying any negative comments in consideration for the length of time it might take this site to load were I to do so.)
E. Four Films I Could Watch Over and Over Again (and Do):
2. American Beauty
3. How to Make an American Quilt
4. The Safety of Objects
F. Four Places I've Lived:
I've moved more than 30 times in my life, so it's kind of hard to narrow it down... but here you go:
G. Four TV Shows I Love:
1. Project Runway
2. Friends (re-runs)
3. Work Out (also on Bravo)
4. Any well done documentary or true-life crime show
H. Four Places I Have Been on Vacation in the Last Four Years:
Sadly I'm at a place in my life where I don't really take a lot of vacations... some day that will change.
2. I haven't been there yet, but some day I hope to spend an extended period of time in France and Japan.
I. Four Sites I Check Daily:
1. Flickr: I am obsessed with this site! My favorite feature is the "favorites" page where you can collect all the inspirational images you fancy in one place. Check mine out here if you're interested.
2. Orsinal: This game site is not only fun, but the images and sweet music make it my perfect choice for winding down before I head off to bed every night.
3. Aeolidia This is my incredible web designer's (Arianne) site. She is not only talented, but has infinite patience for less-than-technical individuals like myself. I give her the highest of recommendations. I'm not sure what do without this fabulous lady!
4. Google: I know that this isn't a very exciting answer, but truthfully I use this search engine daily, for anything from recipes for vegetarian spring rolls to researching a product I'm interested in. I love Google.
J. Four of My Favorite Foods:
3. Vegetarian spring rolls
4. French baguette
K. Four Places I'd Rather Be Now:
2. Montana in the summer
3. Japan when the cherry blossoms are blooming
4. Vermont in the fall when the leaves are changing